Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hello An Introduction

Hey everyone. This is my first blog entry about my move to China.  I intend to keep things as up-to-date as possible with many pictures (with my snazzy new camera) and posts about my activities. If I remember correctly, my last blog about traveling to China received much criticism from my parents about not posting enough so I will attempt to rectify things in that regard this go around.

A few of my many interests includes politics and sociology, and so I predict this blog will have a fair bit of both. But obviously I intend to include much about my personal life, experiences and schooling.

In case anyone has lived under a block or is reading this for the first time, I am moving to Beijing, China for two years on August 27th. The first few days I will be staying with a Chinese family (thanks to my amazing professor, for whose guidance I dont think any of this would be possible) and searching for an apartment to call my own. The purpose of this trip is for me to master the language of Chinese, or at the very least become fluent in it. I have been studying for a year or so but I am one of those people that needs the constant, day-to-day immersion to learn a language.

I will be studying at the University of Science and Technology Beijing, not my first choice, but I was awarded a Chinese Government Scholarship, so I cannot complain, and they picked this school for me. I am looking forward to beginning my studies and adventures in China.

Stay tuned for more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment