Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Day of Classes

Tomorrow is my first day of classes. My schedule looks like this, Monday through Friday 8 AM-11:30 AM, with classes in listening, speaking and reading and writing rotating throughout the week. It is essentially equivalent to a full class schedule of a US college student, and all in Chinese.

Also an update on my bathroom situation, it wasn't that I couldn't flush toilet paper but that there was a back-up in the line (not sure why they would tell me that I couldn't flush toilet paper but alas they are Chinese). Also I am not sure if this whole situation is because it is a new building and not all the kinks are worked out or what, but all is good on the flushing front!

I also bought a hot plate today, so now I can officially cook in my apartment. In case I didn't mention it before, my apartment doesn't have gas, so all cooking has to be done with an electric hot plate, and when I was signing the lease with the landlord I didn't realize I needed that, so I didn't have it put into my contract, thus I had to buy it on my own.

Have class early tomorrow, so I will put my photo account information tomorrow and everyone can get a closer look at my apartment. I will also have all the details about my first day of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment